Thursday, March 1, 2012

Catching Up

It's been a while... close to a year... since my last post or at least what my last post was about [though I posted it months after said adventure] And although I have a ridiculous amount of updating to do, I'm going to hold off in lu of making a video seeing as how typing it all will be monotonous after already writing it all out.

Highlights reel skipping over a very long summer, fall and winter:


  • Moved back home after an unforgettable senior year of basketball and school at Northwest University.
  • I worked 12 straight camps this summer for NBC- only God could've gotten me through like he did. I only got sick once, back spasm-ed once, played hoopfest in between and made 1 out of 8 weddings, and only dropped a dangerous 20 lbs in about two weeks.
  • Spent a very short amount of time actually enjoying a normal, relaxing summer.
  • My 10 yr old sister taught me to crochet while we watched 8 seasons on NCIS in a couple weeks.
  • Floated the river with my sister.



  • Visited my bestie/panda Nikki doing what we do best- acting 5 years old together.
  • My beloved great aunt Dottie passed away. I was trying on our family is all manners
  • Finally met my OTHER cousin on my dad's side Cole- melting my heart with a single syllable-swish!

  • Started EWU-turning into a years worth of wasted time.
  • I helped out a bit with my old high school's volleyball and basketball teams while reading both academically and for pleasure around 17 novels.


  • Trick-or-treated at age 22 as a Halloween Hooligan.... by myself.
  • Now I'm in winter quarter and helping out with track and field. I'm coaching U16 and U18 club volleyball teams.


  • My best friend is engaged and getting married March 17th and with my loan coming through I'm leaving to visit a wonderful friend in Paris [Christy]the next day.
  • For valentine's day [which I'm in utter disagreement with] my dad got me a Jane Austen Devotional, which I'm now devouring.
  • My inter trip trip will take me from Paris to Copenhagen [to visit Tara] to Frankfurt [Erica it's been too many years] back to Paris. And on top of finally traveling overseas for the first time, NBC asked me to coach and accompany a tour team to England in July, where I get to coach with my senior year coach Lori Napier!!!!
  • God had blessed me immensely this year, I struggle, and learn and grow and basically love my life. I complain too much but under all my whining, I'm truly happy and looking forward to what this time in my life will teach me in preparation for what God has planned for me.
  • I'm hoping to be graduated this spring with my B.A. in English Literature and looking for job opportunities.

  • In the meanwhile, I'm crocheting headbands for sale, making jewelry, offering individual workouts, running clocks, coaching, babysitting, and in general trying to make money any way I can to supplement my insatiable need to travel, while prepping for a wedding and finishing school.
Now that we're up to date, my plan is to keep this updated weekly until I leave in which case I will use this as an online journal/ letter documenting my journey to my mom so she doesn't freak out while I'm out of country and without phone. 

Get ready for a visual smorgasbord for my next update, where I plan to delight you with photos, videos, maps and hilarious diagrams all for the sake of information and entertainment.

No comments:

Post a Comment